Monday, May 14, 2012

EBC's Future


Yesterday I preached from Ephesians 4:14-21 and laid out the vision for EBC's future. We are in desperate need of additional space and I believe that the Lord is going to take care of this need for us debt free. God is able! We are praying that the Lord would see fit to pay off our current debt of $18,000 before the first of the year. I will not lead this church into debt. I have personally seen the problems that debt can cause and I do not want to saddle the church with debt. 
A preacher friend once said that it is amazing what can be accomplished with man, money, and organization and yet be void of the Holy Spirit. I believe in man power, finances, and organization, but I believe that too often we run ahead of God or cut Him short because we simply do not pray and wait to see what He is going to do.

Here are some of the specifics. We are averaging 100 right now in our Sunday morning worship service and we can only seat 174. On Wednesday nights we are running 50 K-6th graders and 25-35 7th-12th graders. We are really limited on classroom space. We are excited to see what God is doing up on this hill in a town of 500 people. HE alone will get the glory and the credit.

I am appointing a Vision Team that will begin praying and planning for our next building. I want to be ready for when God meets this need. As the saying goes, "Don't pray for rain if you are not willing to carry an umbrella." I have no idea what kind of timeframe we are looking at. We will do what we can with what the Lord blesses us with according to His timing. He is able! Pray with us and for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment